Get out your sunglasses. It’s the brightest white diatomaceous earth (DE) and perlite available and perfect for the paint & coatings industry. It’s Celatom BrightsTM, EP Minerals new line of functional additives, engineered just for paint and coatings. This week we’re in Indianapolis, Indiana at the American Coatings Show. We’re there talking about our new line of high-efficiency materials for matting, texture and rheology. Our Celatom Brights product line includes flux-calcined DE, natural virtually crystalline silica (CS) free DE, perlite, cellulose and polyethylene (PE) thixotropes.
We’re excited about this new product line for a few reasons. They’re virtually CS-free products, which means you’ll spend less time on regulatory issues. They’re lower density, which gives you more performance with less additive. They improve TiO2 spacing. Oh, and did we mention? They’re really bright white.
Our natural virtually CS free DE products:
- CelaFlat+™ high efficiency and performance DE
- CelaWhite™, the brightest natural DE available
Advantages of our natural grades:
- Lower density than competing products so you need less product
- Superior opacity and flatting
- Superior 60° and 85° gloss control
- Less porosity, more stain resistant
- High brightness
- Uniform diatom distribution
Our flux-calcined DE products:
DE is not just a “filler” but a multi-functional mineral additive that can improve the overall performance of paint or coatings. In addition to the gloss and sheen control, DE also:
- Provides titanium dioxide (TiO2) extension
- Controls solvent release and open time
- Controls polish or burnish
- Helps control viscosity and shelf stability
- Resists cracking
- Provides consistent touch-up performance
Our 100% pure cellulose powdered product:
Our thixotropic polyethylene (PE) fibers product:
Our perlite product:
- Celatom Perlite Very low “dry & wet” bulk densities. Lightweight texturing additive.
Learn more about Celatom Brights and their opacifying and matting capabilities. Check out our new Celatom Brights product brochure. Contact your sales representatives or distributor today to learn more. Oh, and don't forget your sunglasses - it's bright out!